Minutes of Meetings held on October, November, and December, 2013
December 3, 2013 Lea Wood HOA Board Meeting
Copies of Minutes from last meeting, November 19, 2013, available for review
No Financials until month has passed.
- Joe Harris was appointed Board member to replace Jean Rix.\
- Attendance of existing Board members was touched on.
- Roofs and gutters were cleaned on Nov 25th
- Landscapers start on Thursdays
- Marie found out that we cannot deduct from taxes for over-due homeowners’ fees
- Diane verified what was considered a late charge and when.
- Ram Jack is set for owner of one of the condos
- Concrete for pathway to meeting room is set for completion. Current stepping stones/paver need to be removed first. Discussion of how and who, followed:
- Craig’s list Ad to sell/free stepping block
- Joe will check for a friend of his to take them away
- Insurance: Need to gather bids on renewing or new insurance
- Current insurance with Farmers but our agent has retired, new agent offering substantially higher payment
- We have 60 days to determine whether or not to change or renew.
- That gives time until March to price shop for new insurance.
- Need to gather more information.
- It was recommended we provide the insurance Policy copies for Board to read and check for better bids.
- We will set up a one month reminder (email) for a deadline to get other bids on insurance before continuing current policy with Farmers Insurance.
- Udie, Marie, Noland need to go Bottom Line to sign for signing checks.
November 19, 2013 Lea Wood HOA Board Meeting
· She advised she is available to talk to residents.
· Noland recommended quarterly walk thrus. Monday, 25th at 10 a.m. for initial walk-thru
· Michael & Edgar will be our new crew leaders.
· Noland requested “real edging”—
Copies of Minutes from last meeting, October 15, 2013, available for review
o Late at 10th day of month.
· Noland advised that it has been approved by the board and should be acted on.
o Another copy should be made and maybe purchase lock boxes for odd times there isn’t someone with keys available.
The regular meeting of the LEAWOOD HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION was called to order at 6:00 p.m. on October 15, 2013 by Noland Whaley, President.